BC COUNCIL OF GARDEN CLUBS
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Term of Office:
The Bulletin Editor is elected in even-numbered years for a two-year term. The Bulletin Editor may stand for multiple terms of office.
Please refer to proposed amendment #5 regarding this position. It is proposed that the duties and responsibilities of this office are changed to reflect the cessation of publication of the Bulletin.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
The Bulletin Editor of the BC Council of Garden Clubs has the responsibility of:
- Compiling, editing and distributing The Bulletin on a bi-monthly basis
- Upholding the current Constitution.
- Supporting Council members
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Bulletin Editor has the responsibility to:
- Compile, publish and distribute The Bulletin by:
- including regular reports from Board Executives and their committees;
- promoting Council events and members’ events;
- soliciting articles and reports from member clubs
- Receive ads from advertisers and ensure that appropriate records are passed to the Treasurer.
- Oversee the Subscription Committee and report to the Board regarding the Committee’s activities.
- Oversee the Mailing Committee and report to the Board regarding the Committee’s activities.
- Ensure that copies are printed and mailed, and e-mailed in a timely manner;
- Attend Board Executive meetings and provide regular reports to the board
- Submit an annual budget for the Bulletin to the Treasurer for the Annual General Meeting.
- Provide a report to the members at the Annual General Meeting