BC COUNCIL OF GARDEN CLUBS
Terms of Reference
TERM OF OFFICE:
The First Vice-President is elected in even-numbered years for a two year term. The First Vice-President may stand for multiple terms of office.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
The First Vice President has the responsibility to:
- Manage and maintain the Speakers List.
- Contact the people on the speakers list to verify that their information is current and correct prior to publication.
- Make note of potential areas of interests for presentations and to note information of potential speakers and presentations.
- Act as the Speaker Coordinator for the Annual General Meeting, and the Fall Meeting.
- Enlist the help from other Executive members to book speakers for these meetings.
- Ensure that the speakers have the appropriate technical support for their presentations.
- Oversee the production, maintenance and updating of the BC Council of Garden Clubs’ Judging Manual, scheduling of Judging Schools and courses as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report to the Council and make recommendations regarding Council business.
- Act as Executive Board Liaison for the Judging School Committee and report to the Board regarding the Committee’s activities
- Act as Executive Board Liaison for the Judging Manual Committee, and report to the Board regarding the Committee’s activities
- Attend Board Executive meetings and provide regular reports to the board
- Submit an annual budget for the position’s activities at the AGM.