BC COUNCIL OF GARDEN CLUBS
Terms of Reference: Communications Coordinator
TERM OF OFFICE:
The Communications Coordinator is elected in even-numbered years for a term of two years. The Communications Coordinator may stand for multiple terms.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
The Communications Coordinator of the BC Council of Garden Clubs has the responsibility of:
- Overseeing the compiling and distributing of information and news for publication on the Council’s website, Facebook page, Twitter and Bulletin Express, and other electronic communications platforms.
- Upholding the current Constitution.
- Supporting Council members
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Communications Coordinator has the responsibility to:
- Compile, distribute and ensure timely publication of Council news and information in the various electronic platforms used by the Council including but not limited to the Council website, Facebook page, and Twitter by:
- including regular reports from Board Executives and their committees;
- promoting Council events and members’ events;
- soliciting articles and reports from member clubs;
- recruiting volunteers to support and provide services for the various electronic platforms;
- if appropriate, soliciting and managing sponsored content, promotions and ads.
- Ensure that publication on electronic platforms is consistent and timely.
- Attend Board Executive meetings and provide regular reports to the board.
- Submit an annual budget to the Treasurer for the Annual General Meeting.
- Submit a Communications area annual budget to the Treasurer for the Annual General Meeting.
- Provide a report to the members at the Annual General Meeting.