BC COUNCIL OF GARDEN CLUBS
Terms of Reference: 1st VICE-PRESIDENT
TERM OF OFFICE:
The First Vice-President is elected in even-numbered years for a two year term. The First Vice-President may stand for multiple terms of office.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
The First Vice President of the BC Council of Garden Clubs has the responsibility of:
- Manage and maintain the Speakers List.
- Contact the people on the speakers list to verify that their information is current and correct.
- Make note of potential areas of interests for presentations and to note information of potential speakers and presentations.
- Act as the Speaker Coordinator for the Annual General Meeting, and the Fall Meeting.
- Enlist the help from other Executive members to book speakers for these meetings.
- Ensure that the speakers have the appropriate technical support for their presentations.
- Oversee the production, maintenance and updating of the BC Council of Garden Clubs’ Horticulture and Floral Design Judging Manuals, scheduling of Judging Schools and courses as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The First Vice President has the responsibility to:
- Report to the Council and make recommendations regarding Council business.
- Act as Executive Board Liaison for the Horticulture Judging Standing Committee and report to the Board regarding the Committee’s activities.
- Act as Executive Board Liaison for the Floral Design Judging Standing Committee and report to the Board regarding the Committee’s activities.
- Attend Board Executive meetings and provide regular reports to the board.
- Submit an annual budget for the position’s activities at the AGM.