BC COUNCIL OF GARDEN CLUBS
Terms of Reference: SECOND VICE PRESIDENT
TERM OF OFFICE:
The Second Vice-President is elected in odd-numbered years for a two year term. The Second Vice-President may stand for multiple terms of office.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
The Second Vice-President of the BC Council of Garden Clubs has the responsibility of:
- Overseeing and co-ordinating the registration and promotion logistics of the Council’s two annual meetings.
- Ensuring that Council’s Meeting Registration process and policies are maintained.
- Upholding the current Constitution.
- Supporting Council members
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Second Vice-President has the responsibility to:
- Promoting the Council’s meetings, including:
- Ensuring that appropriate flyers and information are developed and distributed to the membership (Bulletin, website, Facebook etc).
- Overseeing the registration process, including but not limited to working with the Treasurer to ensure payments are received, tracking registrations, confirming a quorum.
- Present a final report to the Board after each meeting.
- Arrange for the table centerpieces for the meetings.
- Attend Board Executive meetings and provide regular reports to the Board
- Submit an annual budget for the Second Vice-President’s position to the Treasurer for the Annual General Meeting.
- Confirm a quorum at the beginning of each Council Meeting and as requested.
- Provide a report to the members at the Annual General Meeting