BC COUNCIL OF GARDEN CLUBS
Terms of Reference: TREASURER
TERM OF OFFICE:
The Treasurer is elected in even numbered years for a two year term. The Treasurer may stand for multiple terms.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
The Treasurer of the BC Council of Garden Clubs has the responsibility of:
- Maintaining the financial accounts of the Council in good standing.
- Ensuring that Liability Insurance for the member clubs is in good standing
- Monitoring the expenses of the BCCGC to remain within budget parameters.
- Upholding the current Constitution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Second Vice-President has the responsibility to:
- Accept and deposit monies received by the Council for membership dues, liability insurance, registration fees and any other fees or payments
- Ensures liability insurance fees are paid and coverage for member organizations is current.
- Oversees the Liability Insurance Committee.
- Pay all debts incurred by the Council in a timely manner,
- Reconcile monthly bank statements
- Arrange for the annual financial review to be conducted and presented at the Annual General Meeting
- Submit an annual budget for the Treasurer’s position for the Annual General Meeting
- Submit an annual budget for the Council’s activities at the Annual General Meeting.
- Provide the Executive Board with regular statements
- Monitor Term Deposits and renew in a timely and appropriate manner
- Attend Board Executive meetings and provide regular reports to the board