BC COUNCIL OF GARDEN CLUBS
Terms of Reference
TERM OF OFFICE:
The President is elected in odd numbered years for a term of two years. The maximum a President can serve is two consecutive two-year terms.
After service two consecutive terms, the President must step down. The former President may stand for another office at any time, and may stand for the position of President at a future date.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
The President of the BC Council of Garden Clubs has the responsibility of:
- Leading and managing the development and implementation of Council strategies and policies.
- Management of its financial resources
- Efficient and effective execution of the Council’s mandate
- Upholding the current Constitution.
- Supporting Council members
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The President has the responsibility to:
- Act as primary spokesperson for the BC Council of Garden Clubs.
- Direct and monitor the Council’s activities.
- Develop and recommend strategic plans to the Council Executive Board for the implementation of the Council’s vision and mission.
- Report to the Council Executive Board and Council Members and make recommendations regarding the Council’s vision and mission.
- Lead and manage within the parameters established by the Council Executive Board, Council members and Council committees.
- Call and attend Board Executive meetings and provide regular reports to the Council Executive Board
- Submit an annual budget to the Treasurer for the Annual General Meeting.
- Prepare a report to the Council membership to be presented at each of the Council’s meetings.