BC COUNCIL OF GARDEN CLUBS
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Scholarship Fund Committee
TERM OF OFFICE:
One member of the committee is elected each year for a three-year term. Members may stand for multiple terms.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
The Scholarship Fund Committee of the BC Council of Garden Clubs has the responsibility of:
- overseeing the disbursements of funds from the BC Council of Garden Clubs Scholarship Fund held and administered by VanCity Community Foundation
- promoting the scholarship fund and increase awareness of the fund with member clubs
- searching for additional educational institutions providing the horticulture courses of study that meet the criteria of the Committee
- Upholding the current Constitution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Committee has the responsibility to:
- Oversee the annual disbursement of scholarship funds by VanCity Community Foundation
- Ensure that educational institutes are awarding the funds as per the criteria set by the Committee
- Promote the fund to the member clubs, encourage donations and participate in fundraising activities on behalf of the Fund, including organizing and coordinating vendor tables at the Council’s AGM and Fall meetings,
- Provide a report to the member clubs at the Annual General Meeting and the Fall Meeting,
- Provide regular reports to the BC Council of Garden Clubs Executive Board by the Chair of the Committee who is also a member of the Executive.
- Submit a budget for committee activities at the AGM
- Committee Chair to attend Board Executive meetings and provide regular reports to the board.