TERM OF OFFICE:
The Secretary is elected in odd numbered years for a term of two years. The Secretary may stand for multiple terms.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
The Secretary of the BC Council of Garden Clubs has the responsibility of:
- Facilitating, in consultation with the President, notification of meetings, development agendas, meeting space, and related activities
- Recording and maintaining records of the activities of the Council.
- Oversees membership and Council Members Liability Insurance.
- Upholding the current Constitution.
- Supporting Council members
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Secretary has the responsibility to:
- Facilitate, in consultation with the President, notification of meetings, preparation and distribution of agenda items.
- Ensure arrangement for meetings are met (booking the space and ensuring payment by the Treasurer).
- Prepare accurate, complete minutes of Executive Board Meetings and BC Council of Garden Clubs’ Meetings, to include, but not limited to:
- Date and time of meeting, form and venue, present and absent Executive Board members, confirmation of quorum
- Record of all decisions taken, brief summary of all issues discussed and any directives or authorizations given by the Board, or a Committee, or the members.
- Record whether resolutions were unanimous or include dissents. Election results should be noted.
- Retain and safeguard the official Board and Committee Minute Books and Corporate documents.
- Oversee Membership records including ensuring payments are received and records updated as required.
- Attend Board Executive meetings and provide regular reports to the board
- Submit an Secretary’s annual budget to the Treasurer for the Annual General Meeting.
- Provide a report to the members at the Annual General Meeting